On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, John Aldrich wrote:

> On Sun, 05 Mar 2000, you wrote:
> > On 5 Mar 00, at 6:59, John Aldrich wrote:
> >
> > > You might also want to do the same for the CDROM, as others have
> > > reported problems with it. Dunno why, but that "supermount" seems to
> > > be problematic for many. I haven't tried it yet, as I"m still using
> > > Mandrake 6.0. :-)
> >

> > Unfortunately, it happened to me today. It worked till now and I can't
> > figure out why it doesn't work anymore. All I can get is: "Could not list
> > directory contents file:/mnt/cdrom"
> > I never changed the line in fstab, which is:
> > "/mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom supermount user,exec,dev,suid,rw,fs=iso9660 0
> > 0".
> > So it must be somewhere else the problem. Can somebody point me the
> > place where I should look up?
> >
> Change the /mnt/cdrom back to the style of Mandrake 6.x and
> previous:
> /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto user,noauto,nosuid,exec,nodev,ro 0 0
>
> the above is a cut/paste from my fstab. HOwever, it should be pretty
> generic, assuming you HAVE a /dev/cdrom. Otherwise you may need to
> change /dev/cdrom to /dev/hdx to refer to the IDE device (assuming
> it's IDE <G>)
>       John

Here's what he's lookin' for:

/mnt/floppy /mnt/floppy supermount fs=vfat,dev=/dev/fd0 0 0
/mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom supermount fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/cdrom 0 0
/mnt/cdrom2 /mnt/cdrom2 supermount fs=iso9660,dev=/dev/cdrom2 0 0

Those are the pertinent lines that were done by Mandrake 7.0 install back
when it was cooker and I first put it up on my machine.  /mnt/cdrom is my
burner, cdrom2 is my reader.

--
Rich Clark

Sign the petition at http://www.libranet.com/petition.html