Agreed, but my goal here is to save the world, not to get my system
working.  For each of these issues I've already managed to solve the
problem for myself.  I'm trying to improve future releases of Mandrake
and spare others from having to work around the problems in the future.

But so far I've not seen that somebody else in a position to get them
definatively fixed has taken "ownership" of the issues, so I'm trying
to play the role of bulldog here.

I just need to know when the bull is dead so I can finallly let go . . .