On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, you wrote:
| > Agreed, but my goal here is to save the world, not to get my system
| > working.  For each of these issues I've already managed to solve the
| > problem for myself.  I'm trying to improve future releases of Mandrake
| > and spare others from having to work around the problems in the future.
| >
| > But so far I've not seen that somebody else in a position to get them
| > definatively fixed has taken "ownership" of the issues, so I'm trying
| > to play the role of bulldog here.
| >
| Brian:
| Many of us would be VERY grateful if you'd fix these bugs and send
| the "fixed" code to the Mandrake folks (or to the author of the
| package) so they can release it to the general public.

Well, yes, I'm trying to figure out how to do that.  But even before
that I'm trying to figure out which ones are already fixed so I don't
waste my time on them.

| I, myself, realize that Mandrake tries to be
on the cutting-edge, and | being on the cutting edge, sometimes you
bleed.... so I'm going to | wait for a bug-fix release to Mandrake 7.02
(which in itself is a | bugfix for 7.0 <G>) A lot of new stuff was
included in Mandrake 7.xx, | so I think it's wise for people like you
to do what you can to help | get it working, and I applaud you for your
efforts. |
--
I am "Brian, the man from babble-on" (Brian T. Schellenberger).
I can be reached at [EMAIL PROTECTED] .