Trevor

Its a bit difficult for me to relate to your problems. I have two
machines, one a dual celeron and the other a laptop, both installed and
run Mandrake 7.0 (GL edition) without any hassles except for a minor
problem with the pcmcia modem initialization that has to do with an
interrupt assignment. If you want to use linux then I recommend that you
have a disk drive(s) big enough for at least two installs. The reliable
one that you work with and another where you install and play until that
becomes the better system and then you switch. My other system
(/dev/hdb7 on the dual celeron) now runs redhat 6.2 but it started as
6.1 and grew thru 6.2beta and now 6.2 with some additional mods. Its not
a reliable system but it gets better each time I play with it. Playing
equals learning for me. Mostly what you bitch about is probably
something that you are ignorant about and that is fixable. Tossing a
linux cd in the trash is just an act of surrendering to that ignorance.
Now you can chose to overcome that state of mind or not. The choice is
yours, in fact its everyone's choice. Best of luck and hope you choose
the path of learning.

Best regards

Tom Berkley