On Sat, Apr 01, 2000 at 05:51:08PM +1000, Trevor Farrell wrote:
-> Tom Berkley wrote:

->
-> Tom,
->
-> I have two distinct situations here:
->
-> 1) When I am at work, I am not paid to do Linux development, and I simply
-> don't have time to!  We are (unfortunately) primarily a M$ site (with some
-> Novell servers) and that is what I am paid to administer, BUT, I am working
-> to try to implement Linux in my workplace as I believe it is a better
-> solution. To convince management, I need a product that is up to a standard
-> which poorly trained staff (the only kind we have!) can install and
-> administer. They only look at $$$ - it must be cheaper, and, of course, work
-> better!
->
-> 2) At home, yes, there I am the enthusiast, who will play & learn to the
-> limits of my ability, time, money, and other responsibilities.

Ah, but #2 is the solution to #1. You are in a trade where expanding your
own knowledge is a requirement. You get to do that at home & select the
areas of expansion. Do #2 correctly, and you get to be the resident Linux
administrator, and the resident Linux trainer. As Linux gets installed
across the company, you have increased job security.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley