----- Original Message -----
From: "Trevor Farrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Linux Mandrake Expert list" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2000 2:22 AM
Subject: [expert] Mdk 7 - time to take out the trash? (long)

I would have included your message in this but I was asked not to for sake
of saving download time by someone on this list???

Anyway, I've seen you giving quite a few answers to questions on this list
(at least I think it's you, is there another Trevor?), and I would say
"wow".  You seem to be pretty upset with Mandrake; this is just an
observation (after a crappy day at work and a couple of beers <g>) but
doesn't that seem pretty harsh?  I've also just installed BeOS 5 and it
wouldn't even boot properly with a boot disk!  I'm sure it's something I've
done, but hey, who knows?  If you look at it like that, you would judge
everything just by how it works for you, not at what it does overall.  (By
the way, I think BeOS rocks, and I'm eagerly awaiting version 5 pro
edition.)  I've been pretty happy with Mandrake overall, but yeah, I've seen
things in SuSE, for example, that I wish were in other distros (and things
that shouldn't be in any distro!  - What's with that YaST crap?!? - I guess
that's another story).  All of them seem to have their good points, but I do
have to say, Mandrake is the first one that I didn't have to spend a dime on
(downloaded the iso image) and it works the best of any I've tried!  I do
try to keep up with whatever updates that come down the pipe, though;
sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.  Hang in there, I just appreciate
that there is a good alternative to Windows, and I don't have to do the
programming to make it happen.

Michael Holt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]