At 11:14 16 04 2000 +0200, you wrote:
>vern wrote:
>> the CDROM,CD-R HOWTO's.  That left me with
>> another question or two.  I can read CD's CD-R's,
>> but no CD-RW's does that mean that they are
>> automatically in the UDF format??  Or are they

>Then Alen wrote:
>Why couldn't you read RW's?? I read them normal....
>There is no difference in reading RW's or just CD-R if
>they are created in a normal matter (sessions...).
>I am writing/reading CD-RW's normal under LiNUX, but not in UDF format.
>I use normal erase/write procedure for CD-RW!

But I think that Vern gets the same message as I get::

## This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system
## that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification.

So far I haven't been able to locate any sensible information on UDF, Maybe
I'm looking in the wrong places -

I certinaly cannot read or write to these types of media from Linux either -
Works fine in that other opsys though....

Any help or pointers will be appreciated by both of us ..

Cheers

(From Land of America's Cups and Good Racehorses)