If that's the case, then why does the report say that there's a
*difference* in the suid root files?  Why does it claim that all of
those are *changed*?  It doesn't merely claim that they *are* suid root;
it claims that they *changed*.

> Subject: *** Diff Check, Thu Apr 20 00:02:50 EDT 2000 ***
> Security Warning: Change in Suid Root files found :
>               - Added suid root files : /bin/mount
>               - Added suid root files : /bin/ping
>               - Added suid root files : /bin/su
>               - Added suid root files : /bin/umount
>               - Added suid root files : /sbin/dump
>               - Added suid root files : /sbin/pwdb_chkpwd
:
:

--
"Brian, the man from babble-on"              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brian T. Schellenberger                      http://www.babbleon.org