On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, you wrote:

> > Try adding "noaccel" to the xf86config file. That worked in previous
> > versions of X for cards that did stuff like that.
> >         John
>
> where exactly do you have an example?

nope. But it's there in the archives. I've seen this question come up
several times in the past. Ok. I've got an old message from the
"newbie" list awhile back dealign with SIS video cards. The
information's below:
==========[begin archived SiS video discussion]==================
 From: http://rampages.onramp.net/~slywolf/(a page about the SiS6326)

#
# Graphics device section
#

Section "Device"
Identifier  "SiS 6326"
VendorName  "PC 100 Multimedia"
BoardName   "3D AGP Pro"
VideoRam    8192
Option "no_accel" ### HERE!!! ###

EndSection

Yours will look a bit different.
Option "noaccel" might be the right way to write it now
though. You could try some of the options Mandrake
suggests as well (one to a line)eg:

Option "nolinear"
Option "no_pixmap_cache"

==========[end archived SiS video discussion]==================

As I say, this is discussing the SiS video chipsets, but it MAY be
relevant. If it doesn't help, take it back out -- no harm, no foul!
:-)
        John