Have you tried re-creating this directory? sorry if you already stated
this in an earlier post. I don't have that one in my inbox any longer, but
it seems to me that would be the next logical step in the process.

I would think that /tmp would be an important part of the file system and
a server such as "X" wouldn't be able to run without it. Maybe I'm
speaking out of turn here, but where else would it write the temp files to
if not to /tmp. I'm not sure about the permissions, but it's worth a try.

--
Mark

I love my Linux Box...
        REASON # 2 ...X-windows is just a suedonym.
        Registered Linux user # 1299563