Hi,

I have encountered so many problems with supermount that I thought of
writing this mail. I have 5 machines around me that are running LM and all
have some problems.. some very critical.. My machine itself used to hang
every night and I had to reboot every morning b4 I found out that the
problem was there in supermount.

If there is so much trouble with supermount, then why is it included by
defaut? (I know there is a option to unclick it when u are in expert
install).. but why keep somethgin thats beta??

Atleast it should be turned off for laptops and for machines with burners
and DVDs.. it seems to create havoc on those machines.

How is autofs? can't we set its default directory to /mnt and install it?
Does it give similar problems? I know corel had /mnt/amnt as its autofs
directory. What are the advantages of using supermount over autofs??

These small things bring a really bad reputation to linux.

-sarang