> > These small things bring a really bad reputation to linux.
>
> Don't exagerate.  It's just you that's having problems, not the whole
> Mandrake "community".

I am not exaggerating.. infact being a techie I dont' care so much coz I
can find a way around.. infact I am getting to learn more and thats good!..
but think of someone to whom I give mandrake CD and knows nothing much
about OS and stuff.. if he gets into this problem he'll be pissed.. thus
unnecessarily blaming linux when the problem is just with this "small"
utility!

And I am not the only one with this problem.. nor its just one machine...
as I said, all machines aroud me (all diff makes and models) displayed this
problem.. mostly the window managers used to hang abruptly (with the
kernel.. that was kinda strange!)

-sarang