I just got a AMD Duron 700 and installed Mandrake 7.1 with no major
problems.  it runs fine and seems to be very stable.  I upgraded the
kernel immediately to 2.2.16-9mdk, Only slight problem I had was with
the onboard sound on the motherboard (epox socketA), but the alsa
drivers took care of that.

-Byron