El dom, 20 ago 2000, escribiste:
> I'm in the market for a new machine . . . . and I am seriously considering
> the AMD chip . . . .
>
> Could anyone point me to references which show pros and cons of each with
> Linux, Windows, etc?

        We have a cluster with Athlon @500 MHz and they are faster than PIII @550
MHz running scientific computations with a lot of float point operations (for
example, my evolutionary environment for obtaining robot controllers is 20%
faster). Motherboard is Asus K7M and we have not any problems. The main issue
with Athlons is the power supply (250W at least).
        My brother has a gaming machine with an Athlon @700 MHz and a GeForce DDR on
an Asus K7V. Games are faaaaaaaaaaaaster!!! and linux runs very well too ;-)
        Look at www.aceshardware.com and www.tomshardware.com, they have good
benchmarks and they EXPLAIN the results.