ummm...do you have the telnet daemon enabled? and if it is, are you telnet-ing
to the port that is enable? Could also be a firewall problem. Go through linux
conf...the message below generally means the server is not running or you've
telnet-ed to the wrong port. Your info isn't very descriptive what you know is
enabled. After installation I had to go through my linuxconf and enable it. If
you are using a fire wall, make sure its not set on the port the server is set
to. I'm not much of a console user...so I can't really help in that arena.