On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, you wrote:

<snipped>

> At this time I am really suspect that MandrakeUpdate has the ability to
> keep a system up to date with the latest updates.  This is not an
> isolated case as another machine regularly seems to have similar
> problems with various packages - tho this is the first time with this
> machine.  Also a number of updates recently released do not show up
> which seems suspect as I would expect the main mirrors to take only a
> few days to catch up.
>
> BillK

It would be nice if MandrakeUpdate would recognise that I've installed kernel
version 2.2.17 from cooker, but it still tells me to downgrade to 2.2.16 when I
run it.
The mirror update lag time appears to be about 12 hours or thereabouts :(.

Muzza.
--
Mandrake Linux 7.1
Current Linux uptime: 14 days 8 hours 10 minutes.