On Thu Nov 23, 2000 at 09:13:46AM -0800, Jean Meloche wrote:

I've already replied to Jean personally on this, but I will write here
for the benefit of everyone else.  The ld.so update was removed
because the problem we were encountering wasn't in the ld.so package.
Jean obviously got in there in a slim window of time when it was on
the mirrors (before they got updated again).  It was a legitimate
package (not a trojan or hack), but was never announced because we are
not making an update for it.

If anyone did manage to download and install the ld.so that was
briefly on updates, I would recommend downgrading to the release
version of ld.so (ld.so-1.9.11-4mdk) or if you are using cooker, to
the latest version in cooker (-7mdk I believe).

Thanks.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED], OpenPGP key available on www.keyserver.net
1024D/FE6F2AFD   88D8 0D23 8D4B 3407 5BD7  66F9 2043 D0E5 FE6F 2AFD

Current Linux uptime: 8 days 18 hours 16 minutes.