I rewrite kudzu to end after running. Since you aren't likely to put
hardware into a running machine this seems a safe assumption. It may end
by itself but it doesn't show anything like that so I just make
sure. Unless you are using NFS/NIS get rid of portmap, ypbind, nfslock,
and nfs. Unless it's a laptop get rid of pcmcia. You can probably kill
named and routed. You only need lpd if your going to be printing. webmin
and any ftp server I'd kill. I'd nuke all inetd services.

*^*^*^*
Have the courage to take your own thoughts seriously, for they will shape
you. -- Albert Einstein