On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, you wrote:

> Ok... here's the situation, I have an IBM Thinkpad 760XD with Windows NT4
> installed. I would like to install Mandrake7.1 on it. Can I use the
> installer's partition utility to repartition my hard drive without wiping
> out my current NT data?

Not having your setup as is now, it would be hard to tell.

How large is your harddrive?
How many partitions do you need, and how many does NT occupy?

Now I have a 6.4 GB hard drive on my I series Thinkpad, and Windows 98
is on the first 2 GB partition.The next partion is hda5 and mounts /, then
hda6 mounts /home, and hda7 is where /usr is mounted. m Now hda5 is 500MB
hda6 is 500 MB, and hda7 is 2 GB.  Swap is hda8, and is 62 MB.  I Dual Boot
using grub. which is onj the root of the hda drive.  I used theMandrake 7.1
install disk to setup my partitions.  If you have any questions I will be glad
to help,

Don ...

--
73 de KK6WJ