Gavin Clark wrote:

> Speaking of BeOS, I want to check it out but their docs keep mentioning
> windows when installing it. This box is just mandrake. Can I get BeOS to
> install without MS?
>
> Thanks,
> Gavin

Sure, thats the BEST way to do it.. Matter of fact many BeOS "tryer
outers" are disgruntled since many people's hardware is left in such bad
shape after M$ closes and tries to load Be that Be won't boot.

Make a partition on your HD, install Be from a floppy ( you can find the
info on Be's site ) and use Lilo or grub to boot.