I use a Epox 8kta M/B it works very well.  I'm running a Thnuderbird 800 on it - I'm very pleased with the performance, stability and reliability of the system.  I'm running ML 7.1, windows me, BeOs Personal and they all coexist well.  The AMD is fater than the Intel chips at same clock speed for sure.

Paul
-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Kennedy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, 14 October 2000 11:51 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] Building an AMD Duron System

I tend to build my Linux systems primarily on AMD chips.  I have found them to be more stable and cost effective than the intel chips.  I have also found that the AMD supported motherboards are typically built to be more robust than most intel supported boards.  I would have to say that my only gripe is that no one seems to build a 1U rackmount specific montherboard.

Sridhar Govindarajulu wrote:
00c201c03344$40e29e00$020aa8c0@sairam" type="cite">
Hi,

I am planning to build a 750 Mhz system with AMD's Duron processor primarily
for it's cost benefit. The Duron CPU seems to cost less and perform equally
to an Intel CPU. But I prefer input from users who are using AMD chips. I
have a couple of concerns regarding the AMD processor.

Is an AMD processor equivalent to an intel chip, in terms of instruction
set, etc...

Are the power supply requirements so rigid as mentioned in the AMD website?

Will any hardware on an Intel system suit an AMD system?

ANy recommendations of a good motherboard for a Duron processor.

Appreciate any feedback from people who have/built an AMD system

TIA

Cheers
Sridhar