I have a drive/partition mapped to /mnt/DOS_hdb6, and it is vfat.
It's purpose is to hold games (windoze games, some of which can
be played with wine).

I want to make it, or at least directories on it, writeable to
users but I cannot do it, which confuses me somewhat.

I log in as root or superuser and try to chmod portions of the
drive as writeable to all, but I keep getting "operation not
permitted" messages.  Excuse me?  As root I can do anything I
want.  I can wipe any and all drives, partitions, mountpoints
off the face of the earth.   I can delete the system by running
"rm -rf /*" and I wont be stopped with "operation not permitted"
messages but I am not permitted to change one lousy mount, or
portions thereof, to be world-writeable?

What do I have to do AS ROOT to do this?  I cannot do "chmod 777"
on it, let alone ANY other variation of chmod on /mnt/DOS_hdb6
OR any subdirectory on it.  Why not?

praedor