Thanks.  It still also resides in SOME (very few) kde mirrors.

Here's the big question...did you actually install it and get it
working?

After downloading and installing, all was wrong with the world.  First,
installing it, even with menu-3.0.5-43mdk installed, it segfaults during
the rpm install on /usr/bin/upgrade-menus.  Both qt2 and kde rpms
segfault
it.  Once it IS all installed, the system is broken.  SOME things work,
most
do not.

Looking deeper into it, even though I got NO dependency missing
messages,
it appears that you HAVE to "upgrade" just about every rpm on your
system
to 7.2beta or Cooker level - all because you need to upgrade menu,
apparently,
even beyond menu-2.1.5-43mdk, because of the segfaults on
upgrade-menus.  To
upgrade menu, to 4.0, which is all that is left, you must upgrade glibc
glibc-2.1.95 or 2.1.96.  Doing THIS will break all the other rpms on
your
system, so you must upgrade them as well.

It APPEARS that the "stable" kde 2.0 cannot be used except on an
unstable,
beta-only distro like 7.2beta or Cooker.  There is a README I read on
one
mirror yesterday that indicated you could run kde 2.0 on other mandrake
versions, but you had to upgrade a few rpms (pam, menu, a COUPLE
others).
Problem is, it is NOT a few rpms.  As I described above, to "simply"
upgrade
menu alone requires an entire cascade of other upgrades to satisfy
dependencies.

At least with RedHat, though they offer glibc-2.1.95 (and 2.1.96) they
ALSO
have a glibc-compat rpm NOT for OLD glibc, but for the previous glibc
that
was in RedHat 6.2, which is essentially 2.1.3.  No such beast exists for
Mandrake so if you upgrade glibc to upgrade menu to install kde 2.0, you
break everything.  In for a penny, in for a pound.

praedor

philomena wrote:

> here's one...
>
> http://ftp.sourceforge.net/pub/mirrors/kde/stable/2.0/distribution/rpm/Mandrake/
>
> Praedor Tempus wrote:
> >
> > Real nice.  Yesterday, kde releases, finally, the stable,
> > final kde-2.0.  Yesterday you could download it from
> > mandrake cooker, from rpmfind, from every mirror
> > known to man.
[...]