Charles Curley wrote:

[snip]

Linuxconf is also "incompatible" with Mandrake's security levels, as it
tries to undo the restrictive permissions all the time. This means I
can't let linux newbies run it (because they click "activate changes"
without thinking).

So what we really need is an integrated set of mandrake front-ends to
webmin's perl scripts, which could also be used during isntallation.

Buchan