> Larry....there is absolutely no difference between the two 7.1
> iso's on the various mirrors, the two 7.1 GPL CD's you can buy
> from various vendors and the 7.1 Installation and Extension
> CD's you get in the Macmillan Deluxe boxed set.

Well Alain...then I must be lying.  I do this just to deceive people about
something in which I have no vested interest and with people I do not
know.  The other people who have seen the same thing must be part of this
sinister plot.

What I can tell you is that when I did an expert install with the disks I
just bought, there was no libstdc++ and no libstdc++-devel listed in the
Development area of the package listings.

> Below are the two files you guys have been discussing.  These
> are from my 2 CD set I bought from LinuxLand as a pre-order
> when 7.1 was released.  The library is on the Installation CD
> and the development package is on the Extension CD.

Alain...did you know that Linux Mandrake 7.1 has been "released" at least
twice as a shrinkwrapped package?  I know this because I've bought both of
them.  The later one came with Star Office 5.2 and a few other
things.  These items are clearly marked on the box.  I bought the second
one as I'd given the first to a friend.  As for iso variations there are
many and the highly variable file sizes have been discussed as well.

Given that you're soooooooooo.....knowledgable about all things, I'll not
waste any more of my time trying to convince you otherwise.  For myself, I
realized long ago that there isn't a "single" version of anything in the
Linux community.

Larry