Please tell me which printer and which driver you use. Send me

   /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
   /etc/cups/printers.conf
   /etc/cups/ppd/*.ppd

and tell me whether your printer is connected via USB or via the
parallel port.

Print also to a file from your application and display the file with
"gv". Are there any PostScript error messages which "gv" puts out when
going through all the pages with the ">>" button?

   Till