On Sunday 24 December 2000 08:49, you wrote:
> Hmpf...I tried altering my various devices to match, as appropriate, the
> entries you provide but it doesn't work.  All I get is an .xsession-errors
> file loaded with "Syntax Error: Unknown command '/mnt/zip'".
[...]

I dorked around with the entries in my zip drive device kdelnk and appear to
have fixed the problem for the zip drive.  Here is the kdelnk as it is
created via the desktop menu system:

[Desktop Entry]
Dev=/mnt/zip
FSType=supermount
Icon=3floppy_mount
MountPoint=/mnt/zip
Type=FSDevice
UnmountIcon=3floppy_unmount

After nearly random tinkering, I now have:

[Desktop Entry]
Icon=3floppy_mount
Type=FSDevice
Dev=/mnt/zip
URL=/mnt/zip
FSType=supermount
UnmountIcon=3floppy_unmount
Name[en]=Zip Drive

Not much different other than the URL and order of entries.  All I know is
that the Zip drive icon WORKS!!  Next - I'm trying the cdrom device.

Don't know what to do about Trash yet.