I'm hoping someone can help me resolve a problem I am having with the
Mandrake Update Link. There is a security update for the entire Zope
system, if I avoid updating any of my zope code everything works just
fine. Unfortunately the update zope release has a conflict with the
installed zope release, even after I used rpm to remove all of the
existing zope packages from the rpm database. It asks me if I want to
force the update and I say yes, hoping that Mandrakesoft didn't
really put up a series of update packages that wouldn't work with
Mandrake 7.2. What happens is I get an error message that runs off my
screen, even at 1248X1024, and there is nothing I can do that will
show me the bottom of the error message. I think it is waiting for me
to make a decision and tell it how to proceed. Because I can't see
the question or get to the bottom to make a response the update hangs
at that point. I can kill it and get on with life but the zope
packages keep coming up whenever I run update and with a serious
security problem I would like to do the update just in case I ever
want to use it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed with the update
given the extremely long error screen?

Traci

--
Traci Collins, MA, CCAI, CCNA