Vincent Danen wrote:

> Hi Traci.  Can you, from a console, give me the results of:
>
> rpm -qa|grep Zope
>
> I think you must still have a Zope package installed somewhere because
> there should be no conflicts (in fact, if you had everything from Zope
> removed from the system, it shouldn't show up in MandrakeUpdate at
> all).  You might be missing something somewhere...  please give me the
> results of that output, then maybe I can see what the problem is.

This is the problem. Thanks. Zope is now gone from the database and
also from the update. Now, on the off chance that I would like to
have the updated, secure, zope, how do you download and install
updates (in this case a replacement) for packages you don't have
installed? I could reinstall zope and get it back on the list but
that obviously isn't going to get me what I would like since I would
be back with a Mandrake Update program that wasn't working. Any
suggestions?

> Of course, the other problem might be that the mirror you're looking
> at hasn't cleaned out the old Zope updated packages yet...  are there
> two different versions for each package?  Ie a -1.1mdk and a -1.2mdk?
> If so, select only the -1.2mdk packages.  The mirrors should have
> removed the -1.1mdk packages (old and obsolete now), but some of them
> haven't yet.

There was only one version of each package, they had a 7.2
subdirectory so I don't think that the 1.1mdk packages would have
been in the particular place. Since you know about the mirrors, could
you answer a question? What is happening to the update mirrors? I
haven't been able to get a list of updates from any of the American
mirrors, I am always a little nervous about transatlantic updates
just because I find that ftp from those distances often fails at some
point during the process. Have the hosts decided not to host Mandrake
updates any longer?

Traci

--
Traci Collins, MA, CCAI, CCNA