Thank you Bug! for your reply,

The three devices using IRQ 5 are:
Sound card on main board:
00:06.0 Multimedia audio controller: ESS Technology ES1968 Maestro 2
        Subsystem: Compaq Computer Corporation: Unknown device b0b8
        I/O ports at 2000
Ethernet controller card on PCI bus:
00:03.0 Ethernet controller: Lite-On Communications Inc LNE100TX (rev 20)
        Subsystem: Lite-On Communications Inc LNE100TX
        I/O ports at 2800
Video card on AGP (=PCI?) bus:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: 3Dfx Interactive, Inc. Voodoo Banshee (rev 03)
(prog-if 00 [VGA])
        Subsystem: Guillemot Corporation Maxi Gamer Phoenix
        Flags: VGA palette snoop, 66Mhz, fast devsel, IRQ 5
        Memory at 40000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
        Memory at 42000000 (32-bit, prefetchable)
        I/O ports at 1000
        Capabilities: [54] AGP version 1.0

I'm using X4.0.2 with DRI enabled. According to the log files and
glxinfo the card is HW accelerated. However, even though Q3A and gears
run OK, HG2, Heretic2, UT does _not_. Do the Banshee (tdfx) driver
require an IRQ? If not everything should be OK, or can three devices
share the same IRQ? W98 on the same computer have no problems with
three devices at IRQ5.

Further comments below.

Thanks,
Svante

Bug Hunter writes:

 >  If you have PCI cards, IRQ sharing will work.
 >
 >  Otherwise, you may have to force the card not to be PNP and then tell it
 > what IRQ to be on.  You usually have to run the DOS setup disk to get this
 > to happen.
I've not found any option to control the PNP behavior in the BIOS. Do
the IRQ steering apply to ISA cards? This computer does not have
any ISA slots :(