On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 07:11 +0000, Larry Marshall wrote:
> Benjamin Sher wrote:
>
> > Just for the record: RealPlayer 8.0-1 rpm will NOT install. No big deal.
> > I'll keep using Real7.
>
> Benjamin, hunt down the .bin file for RP8.  It works.  You'll need it
> as more and more sites are requiring it for display.

On Thu, 15 Feb 2001 Tom Brinkman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent a
mail to this mailinglist with a working (at least for me) mini-HOWTO
to install RealPlayer 8 on Mandrake 7.2 including plugins and mime
handling:

--------------snip--------------------------------------
  do an ftp search  (http://ftpsearch.lycos.com/?form=medium) for
 rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs1.bin   (5.6mb)   That'll return at least
15 links worldwide and you can spare yourself the hassle of going thru
Real's B$ to get it.

 As root run  ./rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs1.bin   and it'll take
care of everything including NSplugin's and mime types.  Problem is, for
root only.  So as user, cd to   /usr/local/RealPlayer8   and run
   sh mimeinstall.sh && sh pluginstall.sh
If you want Konqueror to use RP8, goto Control Center | Web browsing
| NetScape Plugins | 'Scan for new Plugins', apply.  Then re-start
user's X session.

   RealPlayer8 should now be on your main menu, and auto used by both
Konqueror and NutScrape when you click on a G2/realplayer link.

As I wrote, this worked perfectly for me, the plugin shows in
about:plugins and all the videos and/or audio sites started RP with
the klick on the link.

wobo
--
GPG-Fingerprint: FE5A 0891 7027 8D1B 4E3F  73C1 AD9B D732 A698 82EE
For Public Key mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with Subject: GPG-Request