Dear Wolfgang and friends:

A little problem: I am going to try to install the RealPlayer8 .bin
file, which I have just downloaded. But how do I UNinstall my
RealPlayer7 RPM? I have tried all sorts of combinations:

rpm -e realplay

rpm -e RealPlayer

rpm -e RealPlayer7

None of this works. Very confusing. Each time I get a message telling me
that RealPlayer is not installed on my system. That's funny. I am
listening to the RealPlayer 7 rpm even as I write this.

Similarly, The RealPlayer7 directory is where it should be
/usr/lib/RealPlayer7

So, what do you suggest, please? I don't want to try to install the new
RealPlayer8. bin using Tom Brinkman's instructions as provided by
Wolfgang Bornath until this is clarified.

Thanks so much.

Benjamin
--
Sher's Russian Web