On Wednesday 28 March 2001 22:03, you wrote:
> Dear Jose:
>
> Just for the record: RealPlayer 8.0-1 rpm will NOT install. No big deal.
> I'll keep using Real7.

Benjamin - I think you can safely use --ignorearch on your rpm command
line for this. It'll circumvent the requirement that the rpm be for an i586.

If that doesn't work you can probably get away with installing the tarball (I
think when I did it, it was packaged as a self-extracting shell script ending
in something like 'bin'.)