One website that konqueror (at least on my system - Mandrake 8.0) can't
handle is the DRI website.  What happens:  First off, the page is misrendered
in text if I select any of the links to other DRI pages (the main page is
OK).  The problem is parts of the text overwrite each other so as to be
unreadable.  If I then go up to the View menu, then down to "set encoding"
and select either of the Arabic encodings, which works on the MANY other web
pages that are similarly misrendered, instead of fixing the page I am on, it
dumps me back to the main DRI page.  So, I can either browse the
documentation, etc, pages at the DRI website and try to read around the
misrendered, dicked up text OR I can start netscape and view the pages
without any problems at all.

Konqueror encoding defaults to "auto" and it is dicked up in KDE 2.1.  I
don't know about 2.1.1 but with the problems that version appears to have I
am not going to try it and will wait for 2.1.2.