On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 12:20 -0400, Pierre Fortin wrote:
> "Stephen Lawrence Jr." wrote:
> >
> > Is anyone else having problems with Netscape Communicator 4.76 locking
> > up and taking %99 CPU time? I have to do a 'kill -9' on it all the time.
>
> If it's not a Java issue, it's likely the NS' inability to handle communications
> problems like:
> - DNS failures, delays, etc
> - [news|pop|???] server stops|not responding
> - lost packets
> - etc.
>
> Really hoping for a new browser real soon now...

That's what all of us do...

But in the meantime:
I used to have that Netscape Communicator beast on my box wolfing
down all my 256M of memory. So I did 3 things:

1. changed busmouse to serial mouse
2. disabled javascript and java on Netscape
3. finally gave Communicator the kick in the a** and changed to
Navigator. Combined with me changing to a *real* MUA (see header).

This solved all my probs with netscape. I even do my banking with it
(having 128bit encryption). Sometimes Nescape is on for weeks and
doesn't crash or eat memory.

wobo
--
GPG-Fingerprint: FE5A 0891 7027 8D1B 4E3F  73C1 AD9B D732 A698 82EE
For Public Key mailto [EMAIL PROTECTED] with Subject: GPG-Request