Hmmm, i got a reply to this post before i got the post itself.

When you subscribed to your Roadrunner ISP, did they give you a hostname? I'm betting
they did.
Let's pretend that is something like cr934573-a. Then try this on for size:

[root@homer john]# dhcpcd -h cr934573-a
[root@homer john]#

See my last post for details on how to integrate this into your network scripts so
that it's done
automatically.

I hope that helps.