Hi

did you install Nvidia's drivers as rpm or from a tar file? (just for curiousity, if
you installed it from rpm try 'rpm -qf /usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1'). it doesn't really
matter, if that's the only thing missing then just install it with the 'nodeps'
option: 'rpm -ivh --nodeps <rpm file>'. although this is usually not recomended, if
you know you have the file that rpm complains about then you can use this option.

[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>Hey all
>I downloaded tuxracer .61 SRC RPM from rpmfind.net (I had to use the RH
>7.1 sources, since all the Mandrake sources groused about not finding
>libSDL, even tho I did install it), and rebuilt it (Linux Mandrake 7.2).
>Anyway, the RH7.1 RPM rebuilt fine, but I couldn't install it, since it
>says
>[root@minas-aran i686]# rpm -ivh --test tuxracer-0.61-2.i686.rpm
>error: failed dependencies:
>libGLcore.so.1 is needed by tuxracer-0.61-2
>Now, I have a Diamond Viper V770 graphic card; this is a NVidia TNT2
>based graphic card. I'm running the latest 1.0-251 NVidia drivers, with
>no problems, on XFree86 4.0.2. The NVidia GLX driver installation
>removes the default libGLcore, and replaces it with their own.
>I did a search, and found /usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1.
>lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           21 May 19 22:00 libGLcore.so.1
>-> libGLcore.so.1.0.1251*
>-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      3457056 May 19 21:59
>libGLcore.so.1.0.1251*
>(IOW, libGLcore.so.1 is a symlink to NVidia's replacement libGLcore)
>And /usr/lib *is* in my ld.so.conf, so it should be found and linked.
>And my XF86Config-4 does say load GLX, and does *not* say load "GLcore",
>per NVidia's instructions.
>So what can I do now? I've been thru NVidia's site, to no effect, nor
>has a web search turned up anything useful.
>--

>Michael J. Leone                  Registered Linux user #201348
><mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    ICQ: 50453890
>PGP Fingerprint: 0AA8 DC47 CB63 AE3F C739 6BF9 9AB4 1EF6 5AA5 BCDF
>In Pennsylvania, it it illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.

-----
- -
Haim