I had Mandrake 8 on my Dell Inspiron 8000 (256 ram,
GForce2 chip, DVD, etc). You'll probably have a few
gotchas:
- Nvidia drivers (obviously), search mandrakeforum.com
for Nvidia, I wrote the instructions for setting it up
(specifically for the Go chip on this laptop)
- Sound (for some reason if you use headphones while
root you get loud static each time it reads the
drive). I'm not sure if this is a reiserFS bug or
maelstrom 3 bug or what, but always use a standard
user.
- Lots of problems with full screen games (I get that
little 1/2 size window instead of full screen), and a
lot of GL stuff doesn't work without tweaking.
- Haven't yet toyed with the DVD

Aj