No experience with this laptop, but a couple of generic Mdk8 on laptop
things....

http://www.linux-laptop.net/
not mandrake specific, but a really good resource for gotchas, workarounds,
etc, by laptop model.

NTFS 5 read does work, at least on my desktop.  (don't dare try write!)
Partition magic will resize NTFS partitions, and is generally a really nice
program to have for this sort of thing.