I have it running on a Dell Inspiron 4K with CDRW and Psion modem PC Card.

Only sizeable problem:
3 months and waiting to get the network part working.  Dell sold me the
Xircom 10/100 CBE2 PC Card, which has driver problems in Linux.  I returned
it and ordered the ActionTec (P/N 64SCJ) mini-PCI combo card: weeks in
production (for a 3rd party part!) and then my order mysteriously gets
canceled, only Dell doesn't tell me.  Now the part is on order again.
Another week and Dell better take the whole thing back.

Dell uses the 3Com and ActionTec mini-PCI combo cards internally.  The 3Com
is okay for networking, but the winmodem does not have Linux drivers.  The
ActionTec uses an Intel Pro NIC and a winmodem for which Linux drivers
exist.

By now Dell is using a different video subsystem: check xfree86.org to
confirm support.  The DellTalk Forum is a good place to look at what Dell
owners are saying.

I used Partition Magic for the partition work.  My 4K came with WinME
though.

Be careful you don't blow away your W2K boot.  Take a look at the HOW-TOs on
the net.