On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 05:17:22PM -0700, Daniel Woods wrote:
> I am still having problems with setting up Linux-Mandrake 8.1
> (kernel 2.4.x) as an NFS server to allow an AIX client to access
> it.  Has anyone else got this scenario to work ?
>
> I have disabled iptables so that is not the issue.
> I am suspecting it to be a problem with the 2.4 kernel.
> I went through the NFS How-To, and the section about AIX, but
> I still get errors.  I *can* mount the Linux CD-Rom onto the
> AIX box (4.3.3), and I can 'ls -l' the contents, however trying
> to copy the contents onto the hard disk fails (at some random
> point) when copying the sub-directories.
>
> Thanks... Dan.

Got some problems at work with an NFS server running on Linux (was kernel
2.2.18), and AIX NFS clients (4.2, 4.3.1 and 4.3.3).

On AIX clients, we run as root:

        nfso -o nfs_use_reserved_ports=1

Then, we were able to mount the filesystems from our Linux box...
I remember that we call our IBM support to have this information.

Hope it helps...

Laurent.
--
Laurent CREPET -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]