check your ntp.conf file for the following line at the end:
restrict default ignore
if it's there, comment it out (#) and see if local machines can then get
time from your 'master clock machine'.  It's in there for security -
preventing outsiders from wasting your bandwidth getting time from your
server, there are other settings you can have there which prevent
outsiders but allow local machines to connect.  I have:
restrict default nomodify nopeer noquery
restrict xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx mask mmm.mmm.mmm.mmm
restrict 127.0.0.1
(replace xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx with your netblock IP and mmm.mmm.mmm.mmm with
your mask)

 Also, multicastclient seemed to give me trouble so I commented that out.
 The config file for ntp has a lot of examples, some of which are not
needed or desired in some setups.  if you have a server line and a
driftfile line, it should work.

again, check if it's working and staying synced with 'ntpq -p'
 offset value and reach values are possibly the most important there.
 Ideal value for reach is 377 0 means it's not working at all.  offset
 value is in mS ( 1.000 = .001 seconds).  local machines should have
 value very near 0 there, value to the external machine you're
 connecting to should be less than 100 ( .1 second), if greater, maybe
 another external clock source would be a good idea.

 As stated previously, xntpd has some security issues, but I think it
 was an issue with outsiders being able to mess with your clock without
 permission, but I guess if they were to have your system trying to
 connect to thousands of machines for time, it could create a DoS
 condition.

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001 10:50:47 -0800 (PST)