Robert,

Send me your /etc/smb.conf file, along with a summary of your network
setup, and I will see what I can do for you. I'm pretty good with Samba
integration into a Windows network. Feel free to change user names,
passwords, IP addresses, whatever, if you are concerned about security.
But if you change anything, be consistent, i.e., if you substitute
"john" for "dave" once, do it the same everywhere.

Dave

--
The correct way to punctuate a sentence that starts: "Of course it is
none