Windows logs into Samba utilizing the USERNAME and PASSWORD you enter
when Windows first comes up.

You must FIRST create "Linux" user accounts on your machine, using the
same naming.

Then use "smbpasswd -a USERNAME" for EACH Linux Account.

Also make sure that SAMBA and your Windows machines are members of the
same workgroup, (assuming you are not using Domains)... E.G. the
spelling must be the same all CAPS for safety.

Restart samba

"service smb restart"

Then try the logins locally on your Linux box...

"smbclient -L LINUX_BOX_NETBIOS_NAME -U WINDOWS_USER"

Where LINUX_BOX_NETBIOS_NAME is the Netbios name you gave your Samba
server in /etc/smb.conf and WINDOWS_USER, is the LOGIN NAME you use AT
YOUR WINDOWS MACHINE!

Samba should ask for a password.

Give it the same password you use at your windows machine.

If this works, reboot Windows and map to the Samba shares.

-JMS