Jun Liu grabbed a keyboard and wrote:

> It takes time to polish everything, :)

Agreed. :-)  But a few comments of my own, for J Grant (who you were
replying to)....

> On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 10:58:05AM +0900, J Grant wrote:
> :
> :Mandrake could you change the "software manager" application, now when
> :you have finished installing/upgrading it says "Quit" that's a little
> :abrupt, how about "Finish"

Overly nit-pickey.  "Quit" is no more "abrupt" than "Finish" is, IMO.

> :Also when loading it puts a popup box title Input, that is not very
> :informative, the text says "In order to run "rpmdrake" with root's
> :privileges, additional information is required" that is a little
> :ambiguous. How about '"Enter root password to run "rpmdrake"' ? that is
> :better i think..

Did you take the time to actually read the pop-up window? :-)  Yes, it says
that above the box where you type the password in, and then next to the box
where you type it in, it says "Password for root."  I fail to see anything
ambiguous about it.

Sorry if I'm being blunt here, but if you want Mac OS X, then run a Mac
with OS X.  This is Linux, and the desktop environment you're talking about
is KDE.  Although I'm sure someone could create a Mac theme for it,
assuming that one doesn't already exist for it.... :-)

Linux has come a long way in the "friendlyness" department, and I'm sure it
will go further still.  But let's not get into a "gee, this button says
'quit' when 'finish' would be sooo much better" type of thing, or complain
that a box which states outright that it wants you to type in the root
password to proceed is ambiguous.

Just my $.02.

                --Dave
--