On Sat, 05 Jan 2002 10:52:03 -0600
Michael Viron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> grumbled this:

> Basically, you have both boxes connected (via 10baseT cable) to the hub (4
> port at least, although that won't give you any room for expansion) through
> which they can transfer information to and from one another.  If you plug
> the 'uplink' port into a router, or something that has an external internet
> connection, you'll also be able to share your internet access.

Ok, so am I doing this the hard way? I have a windowsbox and a linux box.
The linux box has two NIC, one for my cable modem and one that goes to the hub.
The windowsbox just hooks to the hub. Nothing is connected to the uplink port.
I am using the linux box to share net access with the windowsbox.
All works fine, but if I get what your saying I could have saved on one card by just
pluging
the cable modem into the uplink port? But then there is no linux firewall for the
winbox right?

--
010101010010010111011110100001010000001110001110010100