So sprach »nds« am 2002-01-07 um 03:06:17 -0600 :
> I would like to know "expert" information like can you do a single line
> command to execute more than one task at once like you can regularly in
> linux? Example:

Ah. Okay, ncftp isn't the way to go in this case, but you might want to
give lftp a try:

Suppose I want to login to ftp.gnome.org and get the directory listings
of / and of /pub (lacking any other decent example *G*):

[askwar@teich askwar]$ lftp -c 'open ftp.gnome.org ; ls -la / ; ls -la /pub'

Of course you can also upload this way (put) and anything else.

lftp does not only handle ftp, but also http.  Futher, it somehow also
seems to be able to do ssh.  Although I haven't tried that yet:

http://www.google.com/search?q=lftp+ssh&num=100&sourceid=Galeon

Is that what you meant?

Alexander Skwar
--