Hi all,
This is the second time I'm sending this question. I'm sorta dissapointed at
the silence. Does this mean that you all, despite all the noise you make
don't really know the difference between the slack PPP and the Mandrake PPP
(I certainly don't, but then I'm just a skipper trying to get his loaded
barge from Amsterdam to Paris and Vv--but I'm willing to learn, only I do
need help!) ..if so, that's just as bad as Windoze. Simply accepting all
that's delivered with the PC (or the cdrom) as the 'walhalla' and no
(real)questions asked!
Frankly I'm heavily dissapointed.............:(
-----

I've got a problem here.
I want to install Mandrake on my thinkpad(P133, 40m ram, 1 gbHD) -no problem
at all using 7.2........
Here's the but: My gsm serial connection will not work and I realy need it to.
symptoms:
If/when the pcmcia card (cdromdrive) is in the socket I get 'sorry the modem
is busy' on a query (it's on ttyS1)
On removing the cdrom card I get a lot of gibberish on a query but at least
the modem is found.
Slowing down the modem to 2400 k reduces the gibberish that's all.

The exact same configuration using Slackware7.2 works flawlessly.
Anybody got any hints how to get this out of the way?

I badly want Mandrake on the laptop as I use it a lot to show off to windoze
users how linux makes old hardware look goood;)

--

Thanks in advance,
Harm Bathoorn.

"Free software is changing global economy the same way trade guilds did in
the middle ages"