On 26 Jan 02, at 9:48, William Bouterse wrote:

> Have you considered SoundStudio?
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/studio/SoundStudio-1.0.6.tar.gz
>
> It has always worked for me since LM 6.x, though I must
> admit I have never tried it under KDE and 'aaaaaarts' as I use other WM's
> It used to be inscluded in "contribs" though I have not seen it there in
> awhile.

I'll go take a look at it. Although, frankly, at this point I'm almost
ready to forget the whole thing and just use my Windows box to record
sound. It took about five minutes to get it working under Windows --
and most of that was spent downloading a driver that supports recording
-- and I must have spent eight or nine hours on it so far under Linux;
what's really depressing is that it's not obvious that I'm any closer
than I was at the beginning :-(

  Doc Evans

Phone:  +1 303 494 0394
Mobile: +1 720 839 8462