> resierfs should be NFS happy since 2.4.7 (ish). Im a little concerned
> with xfs though I use it a lot on SGI's, it just doenst seem to be
> getting the support of the other file systems. Ive found ext3 to be
> exceedingly slow on large volumes :(

Huh.  Surprise surprise, I say.  I just installed a 8.1 machine,
set up with / as reiser and /boot as ext2.  I recently decided
that I wanted to mount an nfs thingy on /home/userid, and it worked
just fine and dandy, so I suppose the answer is:  NFS and Reiser
work for me ;-)

> I like resierfs and havnt seen any problems yet!  with about 1.5
> terabytes in total of rfs file systems

Yikes.  Here I thought my little old 40 gig drive was cool!  ;-)

> > Civileme suggested XFS to me when an issue came up over Reiser's
> > compatibility with NFS.  Last I heard there was still a question mark
> > over this, so I would go XFS or EXT3 if you are going to use NFS
> > mounts.  Otherwise - flip a coin?

Well, I see I'm going to have to try xfs too ;-)  (Just so I know
if there's any diff.  I'd tried ext3 for a bit, but have since
switched to reiser as it 'feels' faster - whatever THAT means!)

rc